Bake Time 15-20 mins | Makes 1 dozen cookies
- 2 cups bread flour (All-purpose is fine but will be less chewy)
- 1 and 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter (melted in microwave)
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar (Any brown sugar will do. The darker the sugar, the darker the cookie)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 heaping cups of Dark Chocolate Chunks/Chips (50% - 65%)
- Maldon Sea Salt flakes as a topper (course kosher salt or sea salt are fine as well)
Preheat oven to 325°
Cut unsalted butter into small pieces and place in a microwave safe container, cover with paper towel to avoid splattering and melt in microwave for 2 minutes. Combine light brown sugar and white sugar in a bowl and pour melted unsalted butter in. Mix-fold using a rubber spatula until the mixture is creamy. Add whole egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and whisk until it starts to resemble a creamy caramel.
Add all dry ingredients into the mixture. No need to sift.
Mix-fold with a rubber spatula until all of the ingredients are combined. Add chocolate chips and mix-fold until evenly distributed.
Fill and tightly pack a 1/4 measuring cup to mold the cookie batter in and place on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. 6 cookies per large baking sheet is best. Place in middle rack of oven and bake for 15-20 mins (time will vary depending on oven, so start with middle of the road at around 17-18), remove from oven immediately and sprinkle with sea salt flakes.
Best served immediately.
You can also cool down on racks for later.